A Special Holiday Contest… Give A Gift, Get a Gift.
Greetings CMH Fans and Followers!
THANKS to everyone for their wonderful participation. I personally appreciate it, and so do our Contributors!!! The contest is over and the winners are:
Grand Prizes: Andres G, David H, Gloria E (in place of Vienna who was ineligible)
Runner Ups: Sara S, Brett D
Christmas in Connecticut DVDs: Andres G, Sara S, David H, Kassidy J
And just for fun – the tally: Andres (52 comments/entries), David H (57 comments/entries), Gloria (49 comments/entries), Sara (14 comments/entries), Brett D (11 comments/entries), Kassidy (11 comments/entries)
As many of you know, Classic Movie Hub is a labor of love for me, one that I launched about five or so years ago… It started out as my final project for a web development course I took at NYU (it was just a one-page site at that time) – and has since grown quite a bit (may I say that’s an understatement?). For me, it’s been an extremely exciting adventure that has allowed me to pursue my passion, learn an awful lot — and (truly) meet wonderful like-minded fans and bloggers, many of which I now count among my friends! Not to mention the fact that it’s mind-boggling to think that we now have over 800K Facebook fans, 65K Twitter fans and 40K Pinterest fans — and that’s all thanks to you – the wonderful and passionate Classic Movie Community! (I know, I said ‘wonderful’ too many times, but that’s how I feel…)
That said, for this contest, I’d like to try something a little different… something to try show my gratitude to all our CMH fans and followers — and to celebrate our new featured columnists who are contributing monthly articles for the site…
Here’s how the giveaway will work:
This past summer, we added a new feature to CMH — new monthly columns, each with a niche classic film theme, authored by some of the best writers in the classic film community. To better acquaint you with these fabulous writers and to show them some fan love in return, this contest asks you to read as many of these featured posts as you can and leave a comment of feedback for each of those you’ve read. For every comment submitted, you get an entry into our contest. The more comments you give, the more chances you have to win!
We are calling the contest Give a Gift, Get a Gift… The gift you’re giving is the gift of time by reading and commenting on the post(s)… The gift you’re getting is an entry (or entries) into the contest… As for me, to show my appreciation for your participation, I have tried to put together some nice prize packages — and all of the DVDs have been purchased by me (they were not supplied by any outside company)…
The weekly and Grand Prize drawings:
The contest will run from now through December 23, 2017, 8PM EST. In order to qualify to win one of these prizes via this contest giveaway, you must read and comment on as many of the featured posts as you want (links below). For each comment submitted, you will gain one entry into the contest. However, the sooner you get started, the more chances you will have to win – because in addition to the Grand Prizes awarded at the end of the contest, we will also be giving away one DVD a week (as listed below). And, if you win a DVD during one of the weekly drawings, you are STILL ELIGIBLE to win one of the Grand or Runner Up Prizes at the end of the contest! United States (all 50 states) and Canadian residents are eligible this time. All prizes will be awarded via random drawings. Prizes will be shipped to our winners in mid-January.
- Dec 2: Christmas in Connecticut DVD (1 winner announced Dec 3 at 8PM)
- Dec 9: Christmas in Connecticut DVD (1 winner announced Dec 10 at 8PM)
- Dec 16: Christmas in Connecticut DVD (1 winner announced Dec 17 at 8PM)
- Dec 23: Christmas in Connecticut DVD (1 winner announced Dec 24 at 8PM)
- Dec 23: Grand Prize Packages (a total of 5 winners… each winner will be announced around midnight on Dec 24, aka early Christmas morning)
- Grand Prize #1: winner’s choice of 3 DVDs (listed below) + one surprise gift
- Grand Prize #2: winner’s choice of 3 DVDs (listed below) + one surprise gift
- Grand Prize #3: winner’s choice of 3 DVDs (listed below) + one surprise gift
- Runner Up Prize #1: winner’s choice of 2 DVDs (listed below)
- Runner Up Prize #2: winner’s choice of 2 DVDs (listed below)
We will announce each week’s winner on Twitter @ClassicMovieHub or this blog, depending how you entered, as noted above.
See full rules below.
Here are the DVDs up for grabs (winner’s choice of 2 or 3, as noted above, and while supplies last):
- An American in Paris
- The Adventures of Robin Hood
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (39 episodes, 4 films) (includes TV episodes starring Ronald Howard, as well as films including The Woman in Green starring Basil Rathbone)
- The Apartment
- Breakfast at Tiffanys
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- Father of the Bride
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Funny Face
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
- Hello Dolly
- Heroes of the Old West (20 TV episodes, 10 films) (includes McLintock and Santa Fe Trail, plus some episodes of The Lone Ranger)
- House Boat
- How to Marry a Millionaire
- John Wayne Tribute Collection (25 films plus documentary) (includes Angel and the Badman McLintock and Sagebrush Trail plus a documentary called The American West of John Ford)
- The King and I
- Life with Father / Father’s Little Dividend
- Ma and Pa Kettle, Vol 2.
- The Maltese Falcon
- The Music Man
- North by Northwest
- Paris When It Sizzles
- Penny Serenade
- Rebel Without a Cause
- Rio Bravo
- The Roaring Twenties
- Roman Holiday
- Second Hand Lions
- Send Me No Flowers
- Singin’ in the Rain
- Some Like It Hot
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- True Grit
- West Side Story
Here are the links to the blog articles…
(enter as many times as you like… 1 comment on 1 post = 1 entry):
- Annette Bochenek: Classic Movie Travels:
- Danilo Castro: Film Noir Review:
- Karen Burroughs Hannsberry: Noir Nook
- Kim Luperi: Pre-Code Corner
- Setting Sail on The Sin Ship
- It’s Tough to Be Famous, but It’s Easy to Be Naughty
- The Puzzling Case of Phyllis Barry
- “Sweet Marijuana” and Murder at the Vanities
- Skin and Savagery in The Sign of the Cross: 7 Vicious Pre-Code Moments
- Just added: To Pre-Code or Not to Pre-Code: What Say You, Brief Moment
- Kellee Pratt: The Funny Papers
- Lea Stans: Silents are Golden
- Ron Hutchinson: Vitaphone View
- Minoo Allen: Minoo’s Musings
- Author Alan K. Rode (Michael Curtiz: A Life in Film)
- Authors James Bawden and Ron Miller (You Ain’t Heard Nothin’ Yet)
- Author Mary Mallory (Hollywood at Play)
- Author Douglass K. Daniel (Anne Bancroft: A Life)
- Author Steve Massa (Slapstick Divas)
- Author Sherri Snyder (Barbara La Marr)
- Just added Dec 20: Barbara La Marr, Life on Her Own Terms
NOTE: if for any reason you encounter a problem commenting on any of the blog posts, please feel free to tweet or DM us, or send an email to clas…@gmail.com and we will be happy to create the entry for you.
ALSO: Please allow us 48 hours to approve your comments. Sorry about that, but we are overwhelmed with spam, and must sort through 100s of comments every day…
Last but not least, the Rules:
- Contest will run from Nov 27, 2017 to Dec 23, 2017 at 8pm EST.
- Limited to United States (yes, all 50 states can enter this time!) and Canadian residents only.
- Every time you read a column article (from the list above) and leave an eligible feedback comment, you will receive one entry into the Contest.
- Only one comment per post/article is counted as an entry.
- Each comment must be positive, and must be more detailed than simply “great post!” Some good examples:
- “Karen, I really enjoyed learning about the noir gem, WICKED WOMAN. Who knew the writing/directing duo behind that film created the story of Doris Day/Rock Hudson classic PILLOW TALK?? Thanks for teaching me something new about classic film!”
- “Ron, I never thought about how early talkies would completely change movie concessions. That was a fascinating perspective. Thanks!”
- Yes, you can win the weekly DVD giveaway, and still be eligible to win a Grand Prize or Runner Up Prize package.
- Spammers (i.e. using bots to make generic comments) are ineligible.
- Updates will be posted on CMH social media channels on a regular basis.
- Each winner will be notified by email or Twitter and will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping information or a new winner may be chosen. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prizes will ship after the contest period is over. Please allow up to 2 to 4 weeks for prize delivery. Classic Movie Hub is not responsible for prizes lost or stolen.
- Family of Classic Movie Hub is not eligible for entry……
The more feedback comments you give, the more chances to win. See? Give a Gift, Get a Gift! We hope you enjoy participating in our Holiday Contest to honor this season for giving.
A Big Thank your for participating! And a Happy and Healthy Holidays to All,
–Annmarie Gatti for Classic Movie Hub