About the book:
Mom in the Movies: The Iconic Screen Mothers You Love (and a Few You Love to Hate)
Turner Classic Movies and film historian Richard Corliss presents Mom in the Movies, a definitive, fully illustrated book that shares the many ways Hollywood has celebrated, vilified and otherwise memorialized dear old Mom.
Here, you will meet the Criminal Moms, like Shelley Winters in Bloody Mama, and the eccentric Showbiz Moms, including those from Gypsy and Postcards from the Edge. You’ll also find Great American Moms, as warm and nourishing as apple pie, in movies such as I Remember Mama and Places in the Heart, along with Surrogate Moms, like Ginger Rogers in Bachelor Mother, Rosalind Russell in Auntie Mame, Dianne Wiest in Edward Scissorhands and Sandra Bullock in The Blind Side. And who can forget the baddest mothers of all? No book on movie moms would be complete without Angela Lansbury in The Manchurian Candidate.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
TO ENTER via TWITTER (Four Chances to Win):
1) Follow @ClassicMovieHub
on twitter for further instructions
2) Successfully complete a qualifying entry task during the contest week
3) Tweet the correct answer to a special trivia question on Friday night**
Be the FIRST PERSON to successfully complete the qualifying entry task AND correctly tweet the answer to the trivia question for the given contest week.
One book will be given away each Friday** during the contest period, for a total giveaway of four books within four weeks.
TO ENTER via FACEBOOK or the CMH Blog (Two Chances to Win):
1) Visit us on Facebook
or the CMH Blog
for further instructions on how to enter
2) Successfully complete a qualifying entry task during the specified contest period (there will be two separate contest periods).
3) One winner will be chosen at random at the end of each contest period.
One winner will be chosen at random at the end of each contest period (for a total of two winners, one for each contest period).
One book will be given away during each contest period, for a total giveaway of two books within four weeks.
ELIGIBILITY for both versions of contest (Twitter and Facebook/Blog):
* Limited to Continental United States residents (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico).
* Must be eighteen (18) years old and over as of the date of entry.
* Only one book per winner.
* BlogHub Bloggers are eligible to enter.
* Giveaway starts Monday May 5, 2014 and ends on Friday May 30, 2014 at midnight EST or when all prizes are exhausted (whichever comes first).
* Each winner will be notified by email, Twitter DM or Facebook and will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping information or a new winner may be chosen. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
* Prizes will ship directly after the contest period is over. Please allow up to 2 to 4 weeks for prize delivery.Classic Movie Hub is not responsible for prizes lost or stolen.
* Friends and Family of Classic Movie Hub are not eligible for entry.
* Classic Movie Hub was not paid for this giveaway or post.
**The final trivia question dates for the Twitter contests are subject to change, but, if changed, will be announced on Twitter and the CMH Blog.