About the Book:
"Hank and Jim"
New York Times bestselling author Scott Eyman tells the story of the remarkable friendship of two Hollywood legends who, though different in many ways, maintained a close friendship that endured all of life’s twists and turns.
Henry Fonda and James Stewart were two of the biggest stars in Hollywood for forty years. They became friends and then roommates as stage actors in New York, and when they began making films in Hollywood, they roomed together again. Between them they made such memorable films as The Grapes of Wrath, Mister Roberts, Twelve Angry Men, and On Golden Pond; and Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Destry Rides Again, The Philadelphia Story, It’s a Wonderful Life, Vertigo, and Rear Window.
They got along famously, with a shared interest in elaborate practical jokes and model airplanes, among other things. Fonda was a liberal Democrat, Stewart a conservative Republican, but after one memorable blow-up over politics, they agreed never to discuss that subject again. Fonda was a ladies’ man who was married five times; Stewart remained married to the same woman for forty-five years. Both men volunteered during World War II and were decorated for their service. When Stewart returned home, still unmarried, he once again moved in with Fonda, his wife, and his two children, Jane and Peter, who knew him as Uncle Jimmy.
For Hank and Jim, biographer and film historian Scott Eyman spoke with Fonda’s widow and children as well as three of Stewart’s children, plus actors and directors who had worked with the men—in addition to doing extensive archival research to get the full details of their time together. This is not another Hollywood story, but a fascinating portrait of an extraordinary friendship that lasted through war, marriages, children, careers, and everything else.
TO ENTER (Ten Chances to Win):
1) Visit us at the Classic Movie Hub (CMH) Blog here
for the contest announcement, or watch for our contest announcements on twitter at @ClassicMovieHub
or on Facebook
2) Successfully complete a qualifying entry task during the specified contest week.
Two winners will be chosen at random at the end of each specified contest week and announced on the Blog, Twitter and/or Facebook the following day (depending on how the winner entered the contest).
Two prizes will be given away each specified contest week during the contest period, for a total giveaway of ten books within five weeks.
ELIGIBILITY for both versions of contest (Twitter and Facebook/Blog):
* Limited to Continental United States residents (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico).
* Must be eighteen (18) years old and over as of the date of entry.
* Only one Prize per winner.
* BlogHub Bloggers are eligible to enter.
* Giveaway starts Monday October 30, 2017 and ends on Saturday December 2, 2017 at midnight EST or when all Prizes are exhausted (whichever comes first).
* Each winner will be notified by email, Twitter DM or Facebook and will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping information or a new winner may be chosen. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
* Prizes will ship directly after the contest period is over. Please allow up to 2 to 4 weeks for Prize delivery.Classic Movie Hub is not responsible for Prizes lost or stolen.
*Family of Classic Movie Hub are not eligible for entry.