About the Prizes:
Dangerous to Know: A Lillian Frost & Edith Head Novel
Travel back to Hollywood’s Golden Age with the fabulous new mystery DANGEROUS TO KNOW (Forge Hardcover; $25.99; On-sale: April 11, 2017). The husband-and-wife duo known as Renee Patrick have been inspired by their love of classic film and an expertise in the history of costume design to create this mystery series set in 1930s Hollywood and starring legendary designer Edith Head. Patrick’s first mystery, Design for Dying, has been nominated for the Agatha Award for Best First Novel and the Left Coast Crime Award for Best Debut Mystery. Library Journal praised Design for Dying as a “champagne-flavored frolic … sure to delight fans of old Hollywood.”
December 1938. Lillian Frost has plunged head first into a world of boldfaced names and endless glamour as social secretary to movie-mad millionaire Addison Rice. Costume designer Edith Head is now in charge of Paramount Pictures’ wardrobe department, although her position is precarious: potential replacements are being auditioned on a regular basis. The two friends again become partners thanks to an international scandal: a real-life incident, a historical footnote long forgotten, in which the war clouds gathering over Europe cast a shadow on Hollywood.
At a swanky Manhattan dinner party the well-heeled guests speak ill of Adolf Hitler in front of a German maid with Nazi sympathies. The secrets she spills soon have all of New York society running for cover—and two of Paramount’s biggest stars, Jack Benny and George Burns, facing smuggling charges. When an émigré composer seeking work at Paramount is found dead, Marlene Dietrich tells Edith she blames agents of the Reich. As Lillian and Edith unravel intrigue that extends from Paramount’s fabled Bronson Gate to FDR’s Oval Office, only one thing is certain: they’ll do it in style.
Mystery readers and classic movie fans alike will enjoy this cinematic story. Publishers Weekly praises, “Lovers of old movies, fabulous gowns, and historical gossip will be enchanted.” So grab a bowl of popcorn and pick up DANGEROUS TO KNOW for a fun tale that combines silver screen style, smart ladies, and a realistic murder mystery.
TO ENTER (Ten Chances to Win):
1) Visit us at the Classic Movie Hub (CMH) Blog here
for the contest announcement, or watch for our contest announcements on twitter at @ClassicMovieHub
or on Facebook
2) Successfully complete a qualifying entry task during the specified contest week.
Two winners will be chosen at random at the end of each specified contest week and announced on the Blog, Twitter and/or Facebook the following day (depending on how the winner entered the contest).
Two prizes will be given away each specified contest week during the contest period, for a total giveaway of ten books within five weeks.
ELIGIBILITY for both versions of contest (Twitter and Facebook/Blog):
* Limited to Continental United States (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico) only.
* Must be eighteen (18) years old and over as of the date of entry.
* Only one Prize per winner.
* BlogHub Bloggers are eligible to enter.
* Giveaway starts Monday May 1, 2017 and ends on Saturday June 3, 2017 at midnight EST or when all Prizes are exhausted (whichever comes first).
* Each winner will be notified by email, Twitter DM or Facebook and will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping information or a new winner may be chosen. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
* Prizes will ship directly after the contest period is over. Please allow up to 2 to 4 weeks for Prize delivery.Classic Movie Hub is not responsible for Prizes lost or stolen.
*Family of Classic Movie Hub are not eligible for entry.