About the book:
Anne Bancroft: A Life
"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" These famous lines from The Graduate (1967) would forever link Anne Bancroft (1931–2005) to the groundbreaking film and confirm her status as a movie icon. Along with her portrayal of Annie Sullivan in the stage and film drama The Miracle Worker, this role was a highlight of a career that spanned a half-century and brought Bancroft an Oscar, two Tonys, and two Emmy awards.
In the first biography to cover the entire scope of Bancroft's life and career, Douglass K. Daniel brings together interviews with dozens of her friends and colleagues, never-before-published family photos, and material from film and theater archives to present a portrait of an artist who raised the standards of acting for all those who followed. Daniel reveals how, from a young age, Bancroft was committed to challenging herself and strengthening her craft. Her talent (and good timing) led to a breakthrough role in Two for the Seesaw, which made her a Broadway star overnight. The role of Helen Keller's devoted teacher in the stage version of The Miracle Worker would follow, and Bancroft also starred in the movie adaption of the play, which earned her an Academy Award. She went on to appear in dozens of film, theater, and television productions, including several movies directed or produced by her husband, Mel Brooks.
Anne Bancroft: A Life offers new insights into the life and career of a determined actress who left an indelible mark on the film industry while remaining true to her art.
TWO WAYS TO ENTER:
TO ENTER via TWITTER (Five Chances to Win):
1) Follow @ClassicMovieHub
on twitter for further instructions.
2) Successfully complete a qualifying entry task during the contest week.
Winner(s) will be chosen at random at the end of each specified contest week. Winner(s) will be announced on Twitter the day after the contest week ends.
One book will be given away each specified contest week during the contest period, for a total giveaway of five books within five weeks.
TO ENTER via FACEBOOK or the CMH Blog (One Chance to Win):
1) Visit us on Facebook
or the CMH Blog
for further instructions on how to enter.
2) Successfully complete a qualifying entry task during the specified contest period.
One winner will be chosen at random at the end of the contest period. The winner will be announced on Facebook and the Blog one day after the contest period ends.
One book will be given away during the contest period, for a total giveaway of one book within five weeks.
ELIGIBILITY for both versions of contest (Twitter and Facebook/Blog):
* Limited to Continental United States residents (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and the territory of Puerto Rico).
* Must be eighteen (18) years old and over as of the date of entry.
* Only one book per winner.
* BlogHub Bloggers are eligible to enter.
* Giveaway starts Monday August 28, 2017 and ends on Saturday September 30, 2017 at midnight EST or when all prizes are exhausted (whichever comes first).
* Each winner will be notified by email, Twitter DM or Facebook and will have 48 hours to respond with their shipping information or a new winner may be chosen. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner may be disqualified, and an alternate winner may be selected.
* Prizes will ship directly after the contest period is over. Please allow up to 2 to 4 weeks for prize delivery.Classic Movie Hub is not responsible for prizes lost or stolen.
* Family of Classic Movie Hub are not eligible for entry.