Bundle of Joy Overview:

Bundle of Joy (1956) was a Musical - Comedy Film directed by Norman Taurog and produced by Edmund Grainger.

BlogHub Articles:

Classic Films in Focus: BUNDLE OF JOY (1956)

By Jennifer Garlen on Dec 12, 2019 From Virtual Virago

If you've already watched all of your regular Christmas classics, you might consider trying out some less familiar holiday fare, including the 1939 comedy Bachelor Mother and its 1956 musical remake, Bundle of Joy. Although the original movie is generally considered the better picture, Bundle of Joy... Read full article

Musical Monday: Bundle of Joy (1956)

on Dec 24, 2018 From Comet Over Hollywood

It?s no secret that the Hollywood Comet loves musicals. In 2010, I revealed I had seen 400 movie musicals over the course of eight years. Now that number is over 500. To celebrate and share this musical love, here is my weekly feature about musicals. This week?s musical: Bundle of Joy (1956) ? Music... Read full article

Bundle of Joy (1956)

By Cameron on Jun 12, 2018 From The Blonde At The Film

via: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049034/ ?Unless otherwise noted, all images are my own. In the mid-1950s, RKO decided to re-make?1939’s Bachelor Mother, a comedy starring Ginger Rogers and David Niven. This time, the studio wanted a musical, and who better to star than real life husband and... Read full article

God Speed Jean Simmons (1929-2010) & a New Bundle of Joy

By Google profile on Jan 23, 2010 From Out of the Past - A Classic Film Blog

About MeBlogger, Out of the Past - A Classic Film Blog and more. Please add my Google profile to your circles. Here are some tributes posted by other bloggers: What Jean Simmons meant to me... ~ ClassicForever - This one is particularly touching and Millie created a very sweet tribute video. Je... Read full article

See all Bundle of Joy articles

Quotes from

No Quote for this film.

Facts about

'Eddie Fisher' owned 65% of this film, and Howard Hughes owned the remaining 35%. Debbie Reynolds' salary was $150,000.
Around 1956, singer Eddie Fisher and his agent Lew Wasserman were discussing roles for Fisher's acting debut. A project being discussed at the time was "What Makes Sammy Run?" by Budd Schulberg and Stuart Schulberg. Fisher wanted to play aggressive producer Sammy Glick, "the ultimate Jewish hustler. I knew a lot of real Sammy Glicks and I felt confident that was a character I could play." Lew Wasserman decided that the character was too much of a classic negative Jewish stereotype and that it would be bad for Fisher to play it. So Fisher went in the complete opposite direction (in retrospect, perhaps too far) with then-wife Debbie Reynolds in this squeaky clean comedy that Fisher hated, made to capitalize on the birth of their daughter, future Star Wars "Princess Leia" Carrie Fisher. The Schulberg project was eventually produced in 2 parts as "Sunday Showcase (1959)" {What Makes Sammy Run?: Part 1 (#1.2)} and "Sunday Showcase (1959)" {What Makes Sammy Run?: Part 2 (#1.3)} with Larry Blyden in t
read more facts about Bundle of Joy...
Share this page:
Visit the Classic Movie Hub Blog CMH
Also directed by Norman Taurog

More about Norman Taurog >>
Also produced by Edmund Grainger

More about Edmund Grainger >>
Also released in 1956

See All 1956 films >>
More "Romance (Comic)" films

See All "Romance (Comic)" films >>
More "Babies" films

See All "Babies" films >>
More "Sales Clerk" films

See All "Sales Clerk" films >>
More "Mistaken Identity" films

See All "Mistaken Identity" films >>