I LOVE this show, but.......

Created by libraesque63 on Feb 7, 2017
During the marathon last weekend on Decades I noticed something I never noticed before......how ABSURD it was that everyone fell for Mary. Rhoda's perfect boyfriend falls in love at first sight, Murray is in love with her, Murray's dad, her old boyfriend who is engaged leaves his fiance for her, even Bess' teenage boyfriend throws her over for Mary, it's ABSURD!! "People who live within their means suffer from a lack of imagination" Oscar Wilde
Reply:

By snsurone on Feb 8, 2017
I agree. I really don't know what men ever saw in her; she could be so annoying sometimes. BTW, when I was watching RHODA and Joe popped the question, I felt that it was the ultimate victory of Rhoda over Mary. Pity that the writers couldn't come up with interesting scripts for the married couple. It could have been like EVERYONE LOVES RAYMOND (only better) with Ida and Martin as another Marie and Frank.
By libraesque63 on Nov 30, -0001
AGREED. pretty much the only reason I watched MTM was for.....everyone else, especially Rhoda and Phyllis. Rhoda had real potential, I guess the writers were just lame. I never saw Phyllis or Lou Grant, I can't find them. "People who live within their means suffer from a lack of imagination" Oscar Wilde